With just over two months to go before the 2019 African Insurance Exchange at Sun City, the hosts (the Insurance Institute of South Africa and the South African Insurance Association) have confirmed a host of top-notch local and international speakers, facilitators and panellists. With a range of plenary and breakaway sessions, delegates will be spoilt for choice on which events to attend!
- Transformation in the financial sector – keynote address by UCT vice-chancellor, Mamokgethi Phakeng
- Doing business in a constantly changing financial sector
- Investment in skills development for a sustainable future
- Our digitised future (insurtech and fintech)
·Look out on this plenary panel for US-based Saeed Amidi, founder and CEO of Plug and Play
- Realities of risk management
- Exposure through interconnectedness (cyber-risk management)
- Sustainability in the insurance industry (CEO forum)
- The financial sector's contribution towards stimulating the economy
- The changing regulatory environment
- The impact of climate change on insurance
- Doing business in the rest of Africa
·With guest panellist Owalabi Salami, executive director of Allianz Nigeria
- Innovation, artificial intelligence and machine learning
- Alternative capital management through reinsurance
- Recreating the financial planning
- Prescribed assets for retirement fund and NHI model
As always, the conference is about more than just these sessions. There will also be plenty of opportunity to network, make new contacts, do deals and enjoy yourself in the beautiful Sun City surrounds. The traditional Sunday golf game is almost fully booked – plus, this year sees the addition of a fun run (or slow walk) on the Sunday for non-golfers who'd like to get out into the fresh air.
In addition, we have attracted a fantastic line-up of sponsors and exhibitors. We would like to specially acknowledge and thank our platinum sponsors, Munich Re, AIG and Marsh. And we're pleased to welcome back OMI and its subsidiary, Elite Risk Acceptances, as exhibitors this year. Elite provides bespoke short-term insurance and personal risk management solutions to the high net worth insurance market. More news will follow on other sponsors and exhibitors.
Bookings are moving along at a rapid pace and spaces are filling up fast.
BOOK NOW to avoid disappointment.
See you at Sun City!